3.01.2010

March is HERE~

READING
So I kind of took a break from reading and it makes me sad. I got a new series and a few good books from the local antique store. I am STILL trying to read The Great Gatsby.


So in the month of Feb I read 2 books. nothing since so nothing to catch up on. I hope to give myself a little more time to read this month.

OH WAIT!!! i read Love and Friendship by Jane Austen. I also read The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde! Both good stories.



TV
I dont know it i talked about this yet but i finished Six Feet Under S1-5 and it was amazing. the ending was unbelievable. UN-BE-LIEVABLE! Its such a dark show but thats life. dark. i don't think i've seen a tv series that real and honest.


I am now watching the Ally McBeal show. i watched it when i was younger with my mom when it was on. I look up to Ally. I can cry and laugh in the same episode. i love the relationships in this show. 



 I hope to watch Friday Night Lights soon as well. It was suggested by my friend S. its said that i can fall in love. granted its not real but i like it none the less :)




MOVIES
So i like Jane Austen. I found a movie at the library "Lost in Austen." It was so cute. It was this girl in todays times that went through a door and traded places with our favorite Elizabeth Bennet. It was a little different than the normal Pride and Prejudice story but still good. If you are an Austen fan.. you should check it out. I've included a little clip :)


CRAFTNESS!
Well i have been active with my etsy shop since jan 23 so that would be one month and one week. In that time i have listed 18 items (knit and hemp). 5 of those have sold, 1 being a custom order. I have three custom orders in the making. well i think at least.

Here is a picture of my latest hemp set :) Its made with purple and indigo colored hemp. Made for all those Feb birthdays or anyone who likes awesome accessories made with love.
So I normally hang out at Hobby Lobby since its only half a mile from my apartment, but their selection is limited. My mom said i should look for a local yarn shop a couple months ago. I finally got around to it. ThreadBear Fiber Arts Studio is only 5 minutes-ish from my home and its amazing! I have been twice and a little overwhelmed. SO MUCH AWESOME YARN and classes i can take and the owner is awesome. So down to earth and just nice to be around. I cant wait to show my girls the life this weekend. Well i hope we make it out there.

I learned how to crochet. I made a scarf using this crochet thing. I started my very first afghan too :) i can do about three rows in an hour so its going to take quite a while to finish. Here is a video of me at work :) its kind of funny but that was not my intention. i just wanted to take a video using facebook. Im not sure if this will get u to the video..but if it does- enjoy :)

link to the video...

LIFE
nothing i would like to report on. mom came to visit last weekend. making new friends. chatting with old friends again and i love it. S and K are coming to see me on saturday. things are good. :)

xoxo
Randee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails