- I am almost caught up with the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. I have read 8 of the 9 that are currently out for sale. the 10th book comes out in May which i am excited for.
- There is a four book series By Kathy Love that i am also reading. I have read two of the four, and have another waiting to be read on my table.
- While i was in Florida, there was a book by Adele Parks that was pretty fun to read. romance novel about a woman who has an affair. ends happily ever after but shows the reality of how terrible it is.
- I am getting into Dan Brown again. I only read two of his book, tomorrow ill have read three. I prefer to read all the books by an author i like. It makes me feel a little closer to the creative world.
- Dean Koontz is another good author i have enjoyed reading. I like his Odd Thomas books. I read two of those- have another book in my bookcase and the 3rd Odd Thomas book on my list of things to read. That list is too long to get into plus who knows if any of these recommended books are good, or to my taste.
- My favorite author since high school is Chuck Palahnuik (author of Fight Club). I read all but one of his books. its a non-fiction so i am still putting it off.
TV series
- I rent tv series on dvd from the library- quite a bit. its free and awesome and i can start and stop whenever, and there are so many options. It started with the L word. lesbian soap kind of show from showtime. its awesome. i saw all six seasons twice now.
- After the L word, i started watching Six Feet Under. i liked it when it was on tv but never saw it all. I am on season 4 as we speak.. or as i type :)
- Since i don't like to go out in the cold, i added Lost to what i am watching. I am going to start on Season 3 soon.
- As far as tv shows that are currently going, I watch 24, Heroes, House MD, The Office and Gossip Girl.
Music
- Miss Zooey Deschanel has stolen my heart with her voice. I knew i was in love when Elf came out, then again when i saw Yes Man over the weekend. I recently decided to see if she is an actual artist and she is! She has four songs with a fake band from Yes Man, and has an album out as She and Him. Their next album comes out this year.
- I also have been listening to Cute is What We Aim For, Lady GaGa, and Kesha. I guess i read too much to listen to music really. I enjoy dancing very much so i like anything i can dance to.
Hobbies
- I like to run. i run about 7-8 miles a week on a treadmill at work. free mini gym, yes and thank you! :) it helps my breathe easier and a healthy way to vent any stress i have. i dont have any right now but if i did, it would help. ive been pretty content.
- Knitting. im not doing it as much this winter, but again im sure its from the reading.
- cleaning. weird but i like things clean. im a bit anal but i dont think its too bad. when i super clean its a work out and it makes me feel better.
- photography. i dont know if im any good but i get a spark sometimes. i learned how to take actual photos with film and manual mode. then to develop film and pictures. its a LOT of work and i now appreciate having other people develop for me lol.
- DANCING! i love to dance. in high-school i learned tap, jazz, modern, ballet, and a little bit of swing :)
Things that just make me happy
- meeting new people. i try to meet new people whenever i can. it doesn't always end up being a great friendship or relationship (doubt i can even really make one work... but who knows. maybe its just the wrong people so far). I just like to learn about people and just be. i would love to meet all sorts of people with all sorts of likes and dislikes and backgrounds and futures.
- my two cats and everyone else's cats
- making jewelry or scarves or new clothes or pretty pictures. just creating.
- walking around parks and sitting by the local river or lake. just being with nature in its pure form. i like hiking and camping
- having a beer with a friend after work on a friday to unwind after a hard week.
- new music or finding old music. Sinatra always.
- moving my furniture around.
- finding a new author to love. escaping into their world and becoming outside myself or whatever.
- going to shows. i love live music. i really enjoy large outdoor concerts. its amazing. so is finding good local music at a small local venue.
- buying new jeans. and underwear. and shirts. i like new clothes all around. new shows blah. purses who cares. OH i love getting new socks. i prefer knee length socks :)
- coloring my hair or cutting it or tearing it out of my head. putting 12 pig tails in or curing it or crimping it. switch.
and thats it for now. since i find negative people annoying, i wont go into things i don't like. there is enough i don't like but ill leave it for a time im feeling down and out.
xoxo
Randee
wow. i have loved zooey for awhile. i've had the album she & him on itunes for like a year now. did you know she is vegan?
ReplyDeletexoxo